CA Technologies announced its support of ServiceVirtualization.com, a new global community and online resource for promoting the successful use of service virtualization practices for software development and testing.
Software developers, quality assurance experts and IT professionals involved with developing and deploying application software are invited to join the growing ServiceVirtualization.com community to share insights, ask questions and read a wide range of articles written by Service Virtualization experts.
Community participants can ultimately make better-informed decisions based on timely information and best-practice sharing with like-minded peers, industry experts and vendors.
Service virtualization allows organizations to remove constraints from the software development lifecycle. It enables teams to develop and test an application using virtual infrastructure that has been configured to imitate a real production environment. Teams can change the variables easily in order to test different scenarios with a much lower upfront investment than traditional software testing methods.
ServiceVirtualization.com will help IT professionals and industry luminaries to collaborate while also offering them increased industry awareness through a variety of articles, discussion forums and expert columns including:
• Community Blog: open to all participants keen to help grow the service virtualization knowledge base by sharing thoughts, opinions and experiences
• Events: including Webinars featuring third parties and analysts speaking about topics such as “Parallel Development with Service Virtualization”
• “Ask Burt”: a forum discussion hosted by Burt Klein, the former Performance and Resiliency Engineering vice president for a leading global financial institution. Recent topics included: Which project is the right place for Service Virtualization?; What are the high level benefits of using this methodology?; and What’s involved in bringing teams up to speed on utilizing service virtualization?
• Case Studies: an area dedicated to illustrating how service virtualization has been implemented across key industry sectors
• Chat room: for more immediate information exchanges between peers
“ServiceVirtualization.com is the first open community that solicits and aggregates the most current and relevant knowledge about service virtualization,” said Burt Klein, Senior Customer Advisor, Service Virtualization, CA Technologies. “This new and unique online community is not only an invaluable learning tool; it fosters mutual collaboration that encourages ongoing and expert contribution from IT professionals, the media, analysts and vendors.”