As a follow-up to my previous columns on change management, I’d like to step back a little and shine a light on an even broader landscape. Here I’ll touch briefly on process, dialog, and workflow as a triad that can help IT organizations move forward toward a more efficient and potentially more business-aligned way of working ...
SolarWinds announced the company's first full-featured free product, SolarWinds Alert Central.
Designed to help simplify IT alert management, SolarWinds Alert Central helps alleviate a pain felt by the majority of IT professionals.
With SolarWinds Alert Central, IT pros can now centralize multi-system IT alerts in a single, consolidated view, give team members access to a scheduling calendar, escalate alerts automatically and enable IT personnel to respond from their computers or mobile devices with or without VPN access all for free.
SolarWinds Alert Central highlights
- Offers IT alert management access to unlimited users, teams
- Consolidates alerts from multiple IT systems
- Manages on-call scheduling for multiple teams
- Escalates alerts automatically according to customizable rules
- Integrates with virtually any IT management product that sends alerts
- Sends alerts by email or text, user may respond with or without VPN access
- Provides a weekly statistical and performance data report for each user or team, including open and closed alerts, time to close, and more
- Completely free with no registration required
IT pros looking for information focused on IT alert management can visit the SolarWinds IT professional community's thwack space, Alert Central, to collaborate with peers and industry experts, ask questions, troubleshoot issues and request future features.