Before 2016 is over, APMdigest looks back over the past year to highlight the blogs and features posted in 2016 that were most popular among readers.
3. 3 Focus Points for Future of Application Management
Arun Biligiri, IBM
4. 3 Approaches to End-User Experience Monitoring
Sridhar Iyengar, ManageEngine
6. APIs and CD: Rekindling Interest in APM
Julie Craig, EMA
7. SDN and NFV Can Help Safeguard Service Continuity and Quality in a Digital Age
Jeremy Rossbach, CA Technologies
8. Why Analytics and Automation Are Central to ITSM Transformation
Dennis Drogseth, EMA
9. Hybrid Cloud is Mainstream and Performance Management Software is Essential
Shamus McGillicuddy, EMA
10. 2016: Looking Ahead at ITSM - Want to Place Any Bets?
Dennis Drogseth, EMA
12. APM and ITOA: Clearing Up the Confusion
Guy Warren, ITRS Group
13. The State of the Network is … In the Clouds. Guess Where Your Applications Are?
Steve Brown, Viavi Solutions
14. 10 Application Monitoring Tips
Jay Labadini, Tevron
15. End User Experience - Perceptions of Performance
Larry Dragich, Auto Club Group
17. The Status Quo of IT Monitoring
Sahil Khanna, Moogsoft
18. Shine Light on Blind Spots with Visibility
Ananda Rajagopal, Gigamon
19. How APM Can Prevent the IoT from Overwhelming You
Krishnan Badrinarayanan, Riverbed Technology
2016 APM predictions and other content posted in 2015 and previous years were also very popular in 2016, but were not included on this list because they were not posted in 2016.
Public sector organizations undergoing digital transformation are losing confidence in IT Operations' ability to manage the influx of new technologies and evolving expectations, according to the 2017 Splunk Public Sector IT Operations Survey ...
It's no surprise that web application quality is incredibly important for businesses; 99 percent of those surveyed by Sencha are in agreement. But despite technological advances in testing, including automation, problems with web application quality remain an issue for most businesses ...
Market hype and growing interest in artificial intelligence (AI) are pushing established software vendors to introduce AI into their product strategy, creating considerable confusion in the process, according to Gartner. Analysts predict that by 2020, AI technologies will be virtually pervasive in almost every new software product and service ...
Organizations are encountering user, revenue or customer-impacting digital performance problems once every five days, according a new study by Dynatrace. Furthermore, the study reveals that individuals are losing a quarter of their working lives battling to address these problems ...
Cloud adoption is still the most vexing factor in increased network complexity, ahead of the internet of things (IoT), software-defined networking (SDN), and network functions virtualization (NFV), according to a new survey conducted by Kentik ...
Gigabit speeds and new technologies are driving new capabilities and even more opportunities to innovate and differentiate. Faster compute, new applications and more storage are all working together to enable greater efficiency and greater power. Yet with opportunity comes complexity ...
Achieving broad competence in event-driven IT will be a top three priority for the majority of global enterprise CIOs by 2020, according to Gartner, Inc. Defining an event-centric digital business strategy will be key to delivering on the growth agenda that many CEOs see as their highest business priority ...
It's not especially surprising that a new IT survey shows that cloud use for business and government poses challenges. In significant numbers across the board, respondents cited cloud complexity, compliance and security, cost control, speed of delivery, and domain expertise as the cloud problems their organizations were working to overcome this year ...