n Part 2 of this interview, Cameron Haight, Gartner Research VP, IT Operations, discusses the focus of his research for the last few years: DevOps ...
HP announces the latest version of HP BSM, which provides end-to-end visibility into the health of business services, powered by meaningful intelligence and analytics, helping IT increase its operational efficiency and reduce down time.
BSM 9.2 introduces the concept of “Operational Analytics” (OpsAnalytics), which provides customers the right intelligence to accurately predict and prevent problems, while also being able to analyze and search the massive amounts of data to quickly identify and diagnose issues. It combines the power of Operations Manager i (OMi), with the capabilities of Logger to help customers prevent or resolve any incident in their environment.
In addition, in this release, HP also introduces HP Virtualization Performance Viewer (vPV), a triage tool for virtualization administrators and subject matter experts (vSME) to diagnose and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks in virtualized environments.
Customers can download the free version of vPV to start using in production to gain immediate value.
What’s cool and exciting about BSM 9.20?
OpsAnalytics delivers actionable intelligence about the health of IT services by automating the correlation and analysis of consolidated data, including machine data, logs, events, topology and performance information. It enables customers to:
- Remediate known problems before they occur with predictive analytics that forecast problems and prioritize issues based on business impact.
- Proactively solve unknown issues by collecting, storing and analyzing IT operational data including logs, machine data, performance data and events to automatically correlate service abnormalities with the problem source.
- Resolve incidents faster with knowledge built on historical analysis of prior similar events that contains search capabilities across logs and events.
HP BSM further helps clients maximizing IT investments with end-to-end visibility across heterogeneous environments, enabling clients to:
- Ensure service availability with a 360 degree view of IT performance, gathered by aggregating data from disparate sources into a single dashboard using out of the box connectors to a range of management frameworks, including IBM Tivoli, MS SCOM and Nagios.
- Resolve and improve performance of applications running in OpenStack and Python cloud environments with diagnostics that pinpoint performance bottlenecks.
- Improve availability of web and mobile applications through greater insight into client side performance issues.
Below is a quote from a BSM 9.20 beta customer:
“Lacking automated end-to-end monitoring of business services caused service outages, costing us approximately $400,000 annually,” said Aslan Demir, chief information officer, Kuveyt Turk Participation Bank. “We decided to implement HP BSM software and now monitor business services as a whole, resolving many problems without ever causing downtime.”