Traditionally, Application Performance Management (APM) is usually associated with solutions that instrument application code. There are two fundamental limitations with such associations. If instrumenting the code is what APM is all about, then APM is applicable only to homegrown applications for which access to code is available ...
Savvius announced Savvius Insight, a mini network appliance that delivers vital network performance and security information.
Savvius Insight includes Savvius OmniPeek network performance management software for monitoring and local or remote troubleshooting and Splunk Forwarder to send network analytics to Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud. Performing network analytics locally and in real time, Savvius Insight provides network professionals, IT consultants, and Splunk administrators with a powerful tool for viewing and maintaining the performance of remote and smaller standalone networks.
Savvius Insight network analytics are delivered in a small form-factor appliance that appeals to different markets and customers:
- Enterprise and Service Providers: extending multi-segment analysis and visibility from the data center to the network edge, including remote and distributed offices or customer locations.
- Small and Medium Business: making enterprise-grade network analytics available to maintain network performance; enables remote troubleshooting.
- Splunk Users: achieving superior operational intelligence by adding network machine data to their Splunk deployments.
- Savvius Customers: making available Savvius's proven troubleshooting and analytics in a highly economical, pre-configured all-in-one appliance.
- Includes Splunk Forwarder.
- Supports Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Enterprise Free, and Splunk Cloud.
- Savvius for Splunk dashboards available on splunkbase: splunkbase.splunk.com.
Shamus McGillicuddy, Senior Analyst, Enterprise Management Associates, said: "Powerful, affordable solutions for real-time visibility into network and application performance at remote sites have been slow to come to market, yet the need is growing thanks in part to drivers like the Internet of Things. Savvius Insight allows businesses to extend enterprise-class solutions all the way to the edge, capturing the network packet information required to better manage and troubleshoot these locations. With Splunk Forwarder baked in, Savvius Insight addresses an important network management need with a high-value solution."
Savvius CTO Mandana Javaheri added: "Savvius is committed to providing organizations large and small with best-in-class solutions for understanding and troubleshooting networks. Savvius Insight puts everything we know about maintaining network performance in a turn-key product for smaller networks. Plus the support for Splunk enables Savvius network analytics to become a key contributor to the operational intelligence needed by every organization."